- Photos must have been taken inside the borders of the Adirondack Park.
- Slides are no longer accepted.
DIGITAL PHOTO GUIDELINES:
- We can accept Photoshop, tiff, jpeg, or raw files on CD sent to PO Box 410, Jay, NY 12941 or shared via Dropbox.com to art director Kelly Hofschneider at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Digital photos must be shot at high resolution. (for example: a 1/4 page photo must be 800 pixels by 1000 pixels). Do NOT enlarge files from the original file size.
- Digital images for cover consideration must be at least 3400 x 2600 pixels in dimension.
- Please do NOT crop, sharpen or heavily retouch images before sending them. Images should be true to life (no power lines or other elements removed).
- Please include a list of locations for each image.
NEEDED FOR EVERY ISSUE:
- Seasonal events for the In & Out calendar of events section
*Please note that we work on issues 3 to 4 months in advance of the current season. If you would like to receive updates on current editorial needs, send your email address to art director Kelly Hofschneider at email@example.com.
COVERS: We are looking for beautiful and unusual Adirondack landscapes—generally without people, except for the summer Annual Guide issue. Digital photos should be at least 3400 x 2600 pixels. Please keep in mind that we need some open space (or solid color) at the top of the image for the logo and cover lines.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS: Every issue has two or more images of events occurring during that two-month publication period. Outdoor events, festivals, indoor events, concerts, seasonal related images, people recreating, etc. are all considered for this page.
PHOTO FEATURE OR ESSAY: Every issue has a seasonal photo feature or essay. These images should represent the season at hand in the Adirondacks. They are usually four-color images, generally scenics. However, people and places or black-and-white seasonal images are also considered. We encourage interesting and obscure places and scenes, off the beaten path, as well as the classic shots.
Payment prices and schedule
- Up to 1/4 page – $75
- 1/4 page to 3/4 page – $100
- More than 3/4 page but less than full bleed – $125
- Full-page bleed – $150
- Table of contents – $150
- Cover – $400
- Dept photo – $100
- Small dept – $75
- Northern Lights – $75
- Yearly wall calendar:
- Cover – $400
- Inside images – $300
Adirondack Life pays contributors 30-60 days after publication of stock photos. Assignments are paid within 30-60 days of receiving an invoice.
|Magazine Submission Deadlines|
|Submission Due Date